- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”).
- Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
- Controller is the natural or legal person which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data
- Processing is any operation or set of operations which are performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means.
- Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- User is a collective identifier that refers to either a site visitor (someone who merely browses our Website), a customer, a newsletter subscriber or any other user of the Website.
Processing and registration of personal data
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our Website. Browsing of bylauraiancu.com is possible without any indication of personal data; however, if you (“the data subject”) want to use special services via our Website, processing of personal data could become necessary. Failure to provide the requested personal data or not accepting this data protection policy means that it is impossible to process the requests made on this Website.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data when you buy our products or services is based on and the necessity for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract. Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data when you sign up for our newsletter and ask information about our products and services through the contact forms on this website is based on consent.
Legal basis for processing
This Website uses different systems for capturing personal information, always requiring the prior consent of users to process their personal data for the purposes indicated. As a User, you have the right to revoke your prior consent at any time.
Subscription forms: on this website, there are several subscription forms. When you send us your information through any of the subscription forms on this website, we will verify your email address through the double opt-in procedure. You must confirm your subscription so that we can validate your email address. We use the information provided to send you periodic newsletters and emails.
Contact form: on this website, there is also a contact form for inquiries, suggestions or professional contact. In this case, the email address will be used to reply and send the information that the User requires through the web.
On this Website, Users can purchase a series of products or services. We collect personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations to you and comply with the law.
Provision of goods/services: when the User places an order for a product or service, we collect personal data for the purpose of fulfilling the order or service and to process invoices as required by law.
How we use your personal data
We may use the personal data we collect from you when you purchase one of our products, sign up for our newsletter, leave a comment, respond to a survey or marketing communication, contact us via email or a contact form, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us. We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order and provide invoices as required by law.
- To respond to inquiries, send information and/or other requests or questions.
- To manage the list of subscribers, establish communication with subscribers and users, send periodic newsletters, emails, and special offers.
- To help comment spam detection
- To promote the products and services offered on bylauraiancu.com. For example, if you leave personal information in any of the contact forms, we can use this information to send you information about our products in case it is requested.
- To run a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- For customer support and to provide follow-up services.
- Resolve problems and disputes
- For financial/legal reasons.
Personal data we collect
We collect personal data, as appropriate, when you browse our website, subscribe to our newsletter, make inquiries through the contact form, contact us by email or place an order for any of the products we offer.
We retain information that we collect from you (including your personal data) only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic form, paper form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
You can update your personal data using services found on our website. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the bottom of this privacy notice and we will help you. However, we may keep your personal data as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information is stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our Website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using this information, we do not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our Website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our Website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and Website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, we analyze anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
Placing an order
We use SendOwl as our e-commerce platform to sell services and digital goods. All orders are processed via SendOwl, who acts as “the processor”.
When you place an order, personal data (such as your name, email address, billing address, IP address, business name, VAT number, PayPal email, payment method, credit card type and last 4 digits) may be collected for the purpose of fulfilling that order, managing our customer relationship with you, calculating the correct VAT amount to be applied and processing invoices as required by law.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with the product or service you purchased, to resolve disputes, and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. By law, we have to keep customer invoices (including all data present on an invoice, like name, email address, billing address, company name, VAT number, etc.) for 5 years for tax purposes.
For non-VAT registered EU customers who purchase digital goods from us, we also need to keep two pieces of evidence that demonstrate the right amount of tax was charged. To do this, three bits of information are retained: the country you selected at checkout, the country of your bank, and the country your IP resolves to.
Subscription to our periodic newsletters and freebie delivery
We regularly inform our subscribers, customers and business partners about tips, tools, resources, paid offers, updates, news about upcoming events, etc by means of a newsletter. The periodic newsletters and emails may only be received by the data subject if (1) the data subject has a valid email address and (2) the data subject registers for the newsletter and promotional emails. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address registered by a data subject, for legal reasons, in the double opt-in procedure.
During the registration for the periodic newsletters and freebie delivery, MailerLite also stores the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to understand the (possible) misuse of the email address of a data subject at a later date, and it, therefore, serves the aim of the legal protection of the controller.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter and promotional emails. In addition, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by email, as long as this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in question, as this could be the case in the event of modifications to the newsletter offer, or in the event of a change in technical circumstances.
Our newsletter and periodic emails contain so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such emails, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Based on the embedded tracking pixel, we may see if and when an email was opened by a data subject, and which links in the email were called up by data subjects.
Such personal data collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters and promotional emails are stored and analyzed by the controller in order to optimize the delivery of the newsletter and promotional emails, as well as to adapt the content of future newsletters and promotional emails even better to the interests of the data subject. These personal data will not be passed on to third parties. Data subjects are at any time entitled to revoke the respective separate declaration of consent issued by means of the double opt-in procedure. After a revocation, these personal data will be deleted by the controller. We automatically regard a withdrawal from the receipt of the newsletter as a revocation.
We do not sell, transfer or disclose the personal data collected by the newsletter service to any other companies or third parties. However, you might receive third party information and offers related, but not limited, to affiliate partner products and services, through our newsletter and promotional emails.
You can terminate the subscription to our newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link present in the footer of every email newsletter or promotional email we send you.
We keep your information until you unsubscribe or ask for deletion or until we decide the cost of keeping it outweighs the benefits.
How we protect your personal data
We have built our website using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools (we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt data) to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data. However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed.
All personal data you provide when you sign up for our newsletter is processed through a processor and is not stored on our servers. You can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us.
You may have to provide a credit card or your PayPal email to buy products and services from our website. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your payment information.
Transferring user personal data from the EU
Personal data that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred between any of the countries in which the third parties who provide services for us operate, specifically the United States. The European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have an adequate level of protection of personal data under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our company relies on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. For European Union customers and users, with your consent, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union to the United States and/or other countries. We will use your personal data to provide the goods, services, and/or information you request from us to perform a contract with you or to satisfy a legitimate interest of our company in a manner that does not outweigh your freedoms and rights. Wherever we transfer, process or store your personal data, we will take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using our Website, services, or products, you agree to the transfers of your personal data described within this section.
Any personal information provided to us will be kept private. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners, data processors, gateway providers, and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
All services offered by third parties are strictly necessary to conduct our business. The following companies will have access to the personal data necessary to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We share data with the following providers under their corresponding privacy conditions.
Third-party services and providers we use
Affiliate networks and programs
- Amazon. Read their cookies policy.
- ShareASale. Read their cookies policy.
- Skimlinks. Read their cookies policy.
- Bluehost. Read their cookies policy.
- SendOwl. Read their cookies policy.
- Elegant Themes. Read their cookies policy.
- Kadence Themes. Read their cookies policy.
- MailerLite. Read their cookies policy.
- Tailwind. Read their cookies policy.
- Fiverr. Read their cookies policy.
- CreativeMarket. Read their cookies policy.
- Adobe. Read their cookies policy.
- Viglinks. Read their cookies policy.
- Awin. Read their cookies policy.
- MaxBounty. Read their cookies policy.
- PrettyLinks. Read their cookies policy.
- ClickBank. Read their cookies policy.
- Teachable. Read their cookies policy.
Social media platforms
This website provides links to our social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter. By clicking on a social media link or leaving a comment, your browser sends information such as your IP address, the date and time of your visit, and information about how you use that site. Communication, engagement, and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us by email.
This website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
If you want to prevent these social media platforms from collecting data, please view their individual policies. You can always log out of any social media site prior to using this website if you do not want them tracking you.
Rights of the data subject
You have a series of rights you can exercise at any time.
- Right to be informed: You can ask about your personal data, how it is used, and why it is being used at any time.
- Right of access: You can request a copy of your personal information at any time.
- Right of rectification: You can update (or request updates to) your personal information at any time.
- Right of erasure (right to be forgotten): You may request that us or the data processor erase your personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data and you may unsubscribe from any of our emails or withdraw your consent to our cookies at any time.
- Right to restrict processing: You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
- Right to file a complaint with the authorities: You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Acceptance and consent
Last updated on March 25, 2018